Sunday, July 20, 2008

Climax approaching!

No time to blog much, but I have an update on my WIP...I'm on the scene right before the climax, and I'm seriously on the edge of my seat for Max. I want to scream at him to turn back, to go back to Vanessa and stop this foolishness, but you know. Characters never listen. Which is probably a good thing, at least in this case, since that wouldn't be much of a story.

I wrote like six thousand words today. And if I didn't have to sleep, I'd finish the damn thing tonight. At least, if I didn't have kids who will wake up at 6:30 whether I've slept or not!

I'm finishing this chapter, and then the next one's the doozy!

8 comments:

cindyMN said...

hmm...girl....climax approaching...sounds..naughty!! LOL

cowpops said...

lmao. Thats what I was thinking.

liss n kids said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Krupskaya said...

I'm following your progress with envy and admiration...I've got a WIP that's going much more slowly. I have to say, though, you're providing some inspiration. Keep on going! The end's in sight!

CDP said...

very exciting! I can't wait to hear when you finish!

Beverly said...

I tried the novel-in-a-month challenge last year, and doubt I'll ever do that again. Harder than it looks, eh? Keep up the good work!

liss n kids said...

Thanks for everyone's support...I climaxed...er...wrote the climax scene, and now I'm working on the last two scenes. I'm happy so far!!!

Ah, Beverly, NaNoWriMo, huh? I think it would be different, going into this, if I had said I HAD to write it in a month. It probably would have gotten stuck long ago. But when it just wants to fly out of me at that rate, what can I do? :)

MichaƩle said...

Okay, well, THAT post got my attention!
I shall live vicariously through you until I myself quit procrastinating and get my book OUT of my head and ONTO the computer screen. For now, I am stuck writing short fiction...and letters to the editor.